Freshman kicks off the year with soccer aspirations
For freshman Audrie Pott, the best feeling in the world is scoring a goal for her soccer team. Soccer has been Pott’s favorite sport for as long as she could remember; she started playing when she was only 2.
“Soccer has always been my No. 1 sport,” Pott said. “I plan to play throughout high school too, and see where that takes me.”
Pott enjoys every aspect of being part of a team and is looking forward to joining the school’s girls’ soccer team.
“I would love to be on the SHS soccer team,” Pott said. “It seems like such a fun team to be a part of and a great way to meet new friends that have a common hobby. I can’t wait until tryouts.”
What is your impression of high school so far?
I have to say I got lost at first, but by the second day everything was back to normal. I thought it was going to be scary, but everyone was very welcoming, so that helped a lot.
What are your favorite and least favorite part of high school?
I’m really excited to meet new people; there are a lot more people in high school than in middle school. However, I’m not looking forward to all the extra homework. Another thing I’m really excited about is that in high school, the dances seem so much more fun. I’m 100 percent positive that they are better than the ones at Redwood in every way from the decorations to the themes to the overall atmosphere.
If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it?
I would travel all over the world. When I was little, my mom brought me to all these places, but I was too young to remember any of it, so I want to revisit them.
Would you rather fly or be invisible?
Fly any day.
May 31: First Period Final
June 3: Senior Awards Night
June 3: Second and Third Period Final
June 4: Fourth and Fifth Period Final
June 5: Sixth and Seventh Period Final
- Boys' tennis vs. Serra in CCS semis; girls' softball plays Milpitas for league championship; girls' lacrosse @ Paly at 7 in SCVAL playoffs.
- Boys' Tennis stunned No. 2 ranked Monta Vista 11-4 on Monday in CCS.
- Varsity baseball starts a best of 3 series with Wilcox for the League Championship. Today's game is @ Wilcox 3:30
- The swim team is competing at League Finals today at Palo Alto.
- The baseball team beat Palo Alto 4-3 on May 2, sweeping the season series against the traditional powerhouse. Kyle Dozier pitched 6 innings.