Hyde's departure brings forward fond memories
Although assistant principal Karen Hyde is known for her work ethic and efficiency, staff members affectionately praise her sense of humor.
"She's a got a great sense of humor. It's offbeat like the rest of us. She's sharp and she's quick," principal's secretary Susan Dini said.
Dini especially remembers Hyde's lip-sync of Tina Turner's hit song, "What's Love Got To Do With It" for the 2009 staff appreciation luncheon.
"She came out and did the song, and she had the hair and the outfit [of Tina Turner]," Dini said. "It was the funniest thing."
Dini also recollects the interactions between Hyde and her son, senior Mac Hyde.
"She and Mac together, the two of them are like a comedy team of Hyde and Hyde," Dini said. "The stuff that goes back and forth between the two of them. She says stuff, we laugh, and [then] he says stuff back, and we laugh some more."
Because of Hyde's busy workload, a common inside joke among the office is where she is.
"We've talked about putting one of those anklet [monitor] bracelets and looking at where she is throughout the school," Dini said. "It's like playing 'Where's Waldo?'"
The revered assistant principal's departure will not be an easy one for students and faculty alike.
"She'll be missed and we just wish her the best because she is the best," Dini said.
May 31: First Period Final
June 3: Senior Awards Night
June 3: Second and Third Period Final
June 4: Fourth and Fifth Period Final
June 5: Sixth and Seventh Period Final
- Boys' tennis vs. Serra in CCS semis; girls' softball plays Milpitas for league championship; girls' lacrosse @ Paly at 7 in SCVAL playoffs.
- Boys' Tennis stunned No. 2 ranked Monta Vista 11-4 on Monday in CCS.
- Varsity baseball starts a best of 3 series with Wilcox for the League Championship. Today's game is @ Wilcox 3:30
- The swim team is competing at League Finals today at Palo Alto.
- The baseball team beat Palo Alto 4-3 on May 2, sweeping the season series against the traditional powerhouse. Kyle Dozier pitched 6 innings.