Falcons go 3-1 in a 2 week span
In the week of March 19, the Falcon baseball team swept the Santa Clara Bruins winning games 3-2 and 7-1 on March 21 and March 23 respectively.
In the March 19 match, junior Trevor Hanks won an extra inning nail-biter on a clutch hit, driving in a run. The team, despite struggling to hit well in the series against Santa Clara, pulled out wins by superb defense and strong pitching led by senior Will Dennis and Dozier. Dennis started the series against Santa Clara, throwing two hit balls through 7 innings before being relieved by Dozier. In the second game, Dozier stymied the Santa Clara batters, allowing only one run scored.
“Although we didn’t hit well, we battled and never gave up. That’s what’s important,” senior shortstop Brady Horn said.
The week prior, the Falcons split a two game series with league champions Wilcox with one win and one loss on March 14 and March 16.
Led by dominant pitching and accurate hits, the Falcons quieted the loud Wilcox offense in the first match. In the first game of the series, the Falcons tallied 20 hits, winning 12-2. The following game, the Falcons were defeated 5-1 at home.
“We are looking stronger than ever and we hope to continue this streak throughout the season,” senior Brady Horn said.
May 31: First Period Final
June 3: Senior Awards Night
June 3: Second and Third Period Final
June 4: Fourth and Fifth Period Final
June 5: Sixth and Seventh Period Final
- Boys' tennis vs. Serra in CCS semis; girls' softball plays Milpitas for league championship; girls' lacrosse @ Paly at 7 in SCVAL playoffs.
- Boys' Tennis stunned No. 2 ranked Monta Vista 11-4 on Monday in CCS.
- Varsity baseball starts a best of 3 series with Wilcox for the League Championship. Today's game is @ Wilcox 3:30
- The swim team is competing at League Finals today at Palo Alto.
- The baseball team beat Palo Alto 4-3 on May 2, sweeping the season series against the traditional powerhouse. Kyle Dozier pitched 6 innings.